please someone tell me I am NOT a bad mom for this?

Last night my normally "in bed by 7" child didnt go down until 9. ok. then he woke on and off until about 12. at 2am he woke up and was awake, not fussy just UP until 4:30am. then he woke at his regular 6:45am time.
he is in his room, in his crib, with a couple soft toys, has all he needs, and isnt crying, but isnt sleeping.
Please tell me I am not a bad mom for leaving him there,as long as he is ok, so I can take a break?
I know I am not doing anything wrong, I guess I just need the moral support and to hear am not the only mom who has these days lol.
thanks ladies.

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 2:10 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Absolutely, as long as he's safe, and content then there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. You don't have to entertain your children every second of the day, they need down-time too sometimes.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 2:29 PM on May. 28, 2010

• If he is safe and not crying then take that break. That's fine

Answer by admckenzie at 2:11 PM on May. 28, 2010

• You were obviously observing him, I don't think it is bad. Kids will do that, just be sure he is not uncomfortable like his ears or anything. My daughter would not tell me she had an ear infection, I found out through fever. She could seriously tolerate pain. OMG< I felt bad for her.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:12 PM on May. 28, 2010

• give him some time to entertain himself, it's actualy good for him to be able to do this. just try to go in before he starts crying or gets upset.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:14 PM on May. 28, 2010

• fussy sleeping (and loss of appetite) were always the first signs of ear infection for my daughter. i'm not saying that's what it is, but if it continues for another night or so, call and explain the changes to your ped and see what they think.

no, you are not a bad person or a bad mother. you won't do your baby any good if you're completely psycho with self-neglect.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 2:17 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I dont think your doing anything wrong in the idea of it all....but I would give some advice that you take a break when it's normally his naptime, and let him sit in his crib when it's his naptime...and keep him awake when it isn't a normal down time for him so he doesn't get off schedule.
    As for the night time stuff...I know when my dd goes to bed too late she is up constantly because she's TOO TIRED.
    Anonymous

• "take a break", sure, go ahead.
    go to sleep or leave the house, no.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 2:20 PM on May. 28, 2010

• You're not a bad mom. All kids need to learn at some point to self-entertain.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:21 PM on May. 28, 2010

• You're not a bad mom for this.
    SillyRooster

Answer by SillyRooster at 2:25 PM on May. 28, 2010

• As long as you know his needs were met. Full belly. No dirty pants. & you knew that he wasnt able to get hurt. Id leave him in his bed & go back to sleep. Im sure being a mom youd hear him if he started crying!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 2:25 PM on May. 28, 2010