Concerning BP, Gov Admin... Can someone explain to me..

Why is the government having so much control over a company? Please Im not dense, I just dont understand it.

I read that it is the Gov telling BP what to do and not to do concerning the oil spill, what to say and not to say and who can take pictures and the list goes on.
It does seem to me that the GOV doesnt want the truth to come out or something so they control everything to prevent it from doing so?
It is things like this that concern me about our country and make me think that there might be some conspiracy going on. I am not a conspiracy theorist but it has me wondering.. anyone else feel the same way?

Shaneagle777

Asked by Shaneagle777 at 2:42 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The Feds failed to inspect the well and failed to follow other federal requirements regarding drilling. So first, they stepped back and said "It's BP's fault". When it became obvious that BP can't handle it and the government was getting blamed for the lack on inspections, then they stepped forward and took action. Only took five long painful weeks.

It's partially BP's fault, but the lack of oversight by this administration means they are also at fault. Obama needed to step forward and take responsibility. I'm happy he finally got the balls to do it.

There is some conspiracy going on, the Feds really don't want it to come out how badly they failed.

MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 2:50 PM on May. 28, 2010

• It is not a "conspiracy theory" if it is true.

If various people are working together for a goal which they are keeping secret from others, then they are - indeed - involved in a Conspiracy.

Isn't it bizarre how the media's derision & ridicule has successfully trained the public to automatically dismiss any news coverage about a possible conspiracy. Even though when people with gov’t power are working together toward a corrupt goal, it is a crime !

Why greet such grave suspicions with jeers and discredit??! It was once the media’s role to pursue such questions and learn the truth.

But if the media - or their owners - DON'T want the suspicions investigated, then the best way to answer the suspicions is to - change the subject !

"That's just an idiotic conspiracy theory! " ... Public successfully distracted: "Nothing to see here; move along ... move along !"
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:12 PM on May. 28, 2010

• It is because like any other country we control the waters 12 miles out from our coasts Beyond that it is international waters.

Since the oil rig is within those 12 miles our government controls it.

That is why BP and others have to get permits from us to drill inside those 12 miles.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 5:13 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Natesmom: ohh ok that makes sense! You learn something new everyday :-) thanks !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:34 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Your welcome.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 10:49 PM on May. 28, 2010

• You know there has to be something to it if Obama has decided to take the blame for "being there at day one" I don't hear many people saying how things are looking up or listing things that are going well. So it's Obama and his administrations fault things are moving at such a slow pace. He said so himself. Why would he be so ready to take all the blame?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:05 PM on May. 29, 2010