im not going to find out the gender!!! but...

what things do i buy before the baby is born??? do i wait to buy all of the room decor and crib bedding till after? and clothes..... what type of clothes do i get?

i know the things a baby needs because i have a son but i am curious on gender stuff, do i wait to buys things?

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 2:55 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Unless you want gender specific decor, you can certainly prepare your nursery in such a way that it would be appropriate for either sex. You can also buy a few gender neutral clothing and blankets. I would hold off on buying things that you will want specific for your babies gender. You might even buy one of each on a few things and then just return the one you don't need.
    Anonymous

• Personally, I would not wait. You can buy gender neutral things, pastel green, yellow, etc. If you want the colors specifically for the baby and you don't want to find out, then you probably will end up waiting. I couldn't wait to know with either of mine. You're stronger than me if you can resist the urge to find out!
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:02 PM on May. 28, 2010

• i bought all gear and bedding in nutral colors so i could use it again for future kids, which is good bc my first was a girl and this time its a boy. you can get lots of clothes in greens and yellows, then finish shopping after the baby is born
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:14 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I haven't found out gender for either of my little ones. I didn't set up a nursery (baby sleeps in my room for the first year) but I've seen many gender neutral designs that are very cute - animals, greens and browns, bright primary colors, and so on.
    As far as clothes, don't by too much of anything up to about the six month size. Babies grow amazingly fast and I have things my daughter has only worn once. It kills me to look through the boxes (I'm washing and packing stuff away now) and see outfits, brand new ones, that she literally only wore a single time.
    Anyway, white body suits and onesies. Any baby can wear those. There are many gender neutral outfits you can buy, even for coming home from the hospital, that are adorable. Outfits with both pink and blue work quite nicely as well. Once you get home and feel up to going out, you can get gender specific outfits.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 3:24 PM on May. 28, 2010

• We went with neutral decor in the room and bought a few neutral clothes, ,but pretty much waited until after he was born to buy the majority of clothes. We also knew we would be having a second child and would have no idea what that one was going to be either.
    Anonymous