What do you do to clean a bathroom?

Honestly I have no clue where to start. I don't know how to clean a bathroom. It petrifies me. Can you give me the basics?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Get an all purpose bathroom spray, and a cleaning sponge.

Basically just spray down all the surfaces (sink, bath -etc), scrub it - then wipe away excess cleaner.

Use a different sponge or cloth for the toilet - and clean down the lids with it - then spray the cleaner inside the bowl and use the toilet brush to clean it out - then flush the toilet.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 2:58 PM on May. 28, 2010

• pick up clothes and trash. organize and put toiletries away. i start by cleaning the mirror. then put cleaner on the sink and in the tub and toilet. i clean the sink first, just wipe it down really well, scrub the tub and rinse it really well, then scrub the toilet. then i sweep.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:59 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Sweep and mop. Vacumn rugs. Use an all purpose cleaner to clean the counter, sink, toilet (lid, seat and rim). Spray inside the toilet scrub with a toilet scrubber. And then clean the tub.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:59 PM on May. 28, 2010

• (oh and mop the floor - wipe down bathroom mirror - empty bathroom bin etc.)
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 2:59 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Start with the sink. Move to the toilet, then the tub. Spray everything with cleaner and wipe down. Use a toilet bowl brush. The last thing I do is get on my hands and knees and wash the floor with a sponge. I just clean myself out of the room. Take the towel with you and throw in the wash.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:00 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I clean the mirrors and sink first. I get Windex for the mirrors and any other glass, and I just use bleach all in the bathroom. Sink, faucets, toilet bowl, back of toilet, and inside of the shower. Sweep the floors, then I mop it with a diluted bleach water as well. To me, the bathroom is the second most disgusting place in your house... Bleach is definitely the only thing I use. As far as cleaning the bathroom rug/mat, I just toss it in the washer. I also use the time cleaning the shower to replace any toiletries that might need it, replace any fragrance refillers, etc. I then spray the shower curtain (its cloth) with Febreze and after the floor dries I go back in and spray it with Febreze air freshener. It helps kill the bleach smell.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 3:06 PM on May. 28, 2010

• i personally start with the shower..then move to the toilet, then the sink, then the mirror, then the floor
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 3:11 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I spray toilet bowl cleaner in the toilet and let it soak while I do all the other cleaning. My husband recently bought some Kaboom with Oxy that sprays on blue/purple and changes to white when it's clean. I spray the shower, sink, and counter with that, scrub them (sponge for the sink and counter and a scrubby pad for the shower) when they turn white, and rinse with water (I usually also wipe it dry with a towel so any water doesn't leave spots. I clean the mirror and faucets with window cleaner and a paper towel. I throw the bath mats in the washer. I sweep and throw out thrash. I then scrub the toilet with a toilet brush and wipe the lid, seat, etc. with a bleach wipe. Lastly I mop starting from the point furtherest from the door.
    Anonymous

• I sprinkle the mirror with water with my hands and wipe with bath towels. My mirror doesnt get that dirty. I squirt soap or cleaner into sink and use scrub brush and wipe ounter with same towel. Clean toilet with bowl cleaner. Clean shower with bleach. I usually dont mop because the kids spill bath water and it gets a good cleaning, ya know. Towel goes to laundry. I will grab one of my kids washcloths that has been waiting to dry and dust and it goes to laundry. I use as little paper towels as possible. I dont think my kids bath gets that messy. I taught my kids to aim..lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 8:50 PM on May. 28, 2010

• This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    ¼ cup white vinegar
    ¾ cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (antiseptic and smells nice)

I use a toilet brush, old toothbrush and big scrub brush.

For the mirrors, I use half water and half vinegar and wipe with newspaper.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:26 AM on May. 29, 2010