My oldest daughter is 3 and will sit in a dirty diaper till I smell it. I have tried potty training off and on since 18monthes when she started to show interest. I was told since I have a 6 month old this may set the 3yr old back but help please!!!!!!!!!!

Meri

Asked by Meri at 3:19 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How are you potty training? IM me- I haved helped several parents potty train- I may be able to help you too!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:21 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Take away her diapers completely (except at night). Take 3 days that you can stay at home. Don't go anywhere. Make training her your only priority. She will get it. Be very positive. Take her every 1/2 hour at first. Make a big deal when she goes. Give her m&ms when she goes. Let her pick what you have for dinner because she is such a big girl now. Buy her character undies that she loves.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:27 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Well, I am going through the same thing right now. My son will sit in poo until I smell it and waits to tell me he needs to go potty until he has already done it. I've bought the Cars undies, taken him every 30 mins, and all that but it doesn't seem to work too well. If you get a good answer, please forward it to me, LOL!
    INmommyof1

Answer by INmommyof1 at 5:56 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I was having major issues with my son - he was super resistant. Would sit in poop all day if I didn't smell it!! He is now 3 and 9 months.... tried EVERYTHING!! 2 days ago I told him I'd give him a quarter each time he uses the potty and his pull-up is dry.... he has only had one accident in 48 hours!!! Dry all day today!!! I am in heaven!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:11 PM on May. 29, 2010

• NO!! u need 2put him/her in under wear, stay on top of them for 3days. keep puttin them on potty(reg ) my son was trained in 1week. only thing is he needed a pull up 4nite time. that lasted till he was 3& half. i use my cell phone. so any questions private message
    DEVYNSMOM143

Answer by DEVYNSMOM143 at 1:00 AM on May. 30, 2010

• NO!! u need 2put him/her in under wear, stay on top of them for 3days. keep puttin them on potty(reg ) my son was trained in 1week. only thing is he needed a pull up 4nite time. that lasted till he was 3& half. i use my cell phone. so any questions private message me
    DEVYNSMOM143

• Nothing constructive to add except I hear ya. In the same boat -- tried the princess panties, staying home, M&Ms, bribing, begging, sitting her on the potty (she has her choice of two) every half-hour... you name it -- I've tried it. Still here we are no further along than before. She says she wants to stay a little baby and not grow up. Diapers is her last hold out on that I guess. She's an only child and will be an only child so it's not like she's in competition with a baby -- real or forthcoming. She's it. She is the baby. If anyone has insight to that.. let me know. I'm lost.

Otherwise, she's incredibly healthy, smart, and advanced for her age. She also hates public restrooms and panics when we go in one mainly due to the noise issues. She loves playing in the bathrooms at home, just flat refuses to use the potty.
    kassknits

Answer by kassknits at 2:51 AM on May. 30, 2010