i want to adopt a child.

im 24 have two children of my own. but i want to adopt a child. because i feel like i should give a child a second chance at a better life. is there any way to adopt a child without paying out a lot of money.

greenegurls

Asked by greenegurls at 3:20 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Adoption

• Foster to adopt is cheapest and gives a child in need a home.
    Anonymous

• Adoption can be expensive. I should know, I am a mother through adoption to one son and we are in the middle of planning for the second. Many say it doesn't have to be, especially if done through the state. But the expense is nothing compared to the true joy of loving this child that is now your child. For me adoption was a labor of love. I want to clarify though I did not give my child a second chance at life. He already had one. Even if he had returned home with his family of orgin he still had people who loved and cared for him - them. His extended relatives very much wanted to care for him. We do not give second chances or save children....but boy do kids give us second chances and then some. Even children in foster care love their families of orgin and are willing to give them so many chances. Kids have a life already, but you may be in the wonderful position one day to provide in a way that the birth family
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:47 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Wasn't able to at that given time. One day you may be in the right time and place to open your home and heart to a child who also may just open up her heart too to you and your family. When that time comes the money issue is something where you will find a way. Right now it will take us about a year to fix up our home and save for the adoption fees.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:51 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Adoption is NOT cheap. Fostering to adopt is a less financially-binding way to do it, but it can be hard.
    Anonymous

• If you plan to keep referring to your biological kids as "your own" and you feel the need to make the distinction  then PLEASE do not adopt. Go get a kitten or something.

Anonymous

• Please look into adopting from the foster care system. There are so many children who need loving, secure homes. No, it's not easy but the rewards to you are great. We adopted 3 siblings over 11 years ago and I can't tell you how much we love them. Just make sure that you and your husband get adequate training beforehand. That'll make a big difference. And don't be afraid or too proud to reach out for help when you need it.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 6:06 PM on May. 31, 2010

• BTW, once you take a child into your home, s/he becomes a "child of your own" whether they got there through birth or adoption. Please make sure you can accept a child into your life without making that distinction.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 6:07 PM on May. 31, 2010

• ceallaigh is every right when that child comes in to your home that makes them one of your children. but something you also need to keep in mind is there will always be things about that child that u will not see in your bio children my older bro was bio and he had strait As and lots in friends. i was not a bio child and not so good at school and was lucky to have 1 friend. no mater what that child will need your love and your understanding. and not mater what age they are they need a home, so foster is a good thing. babies are not the only ones that need to be adopted. keep your heart open and you will find the right child when they right child needs you. and remeber blood dose make the love you do
    Manda_Evans

Answer by Manda_Evans at 10:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2010