I just got CPS called on me, is it because i'm so young (20 with 2 kids one on the way) that people want to see my life suffer?

I don't understand. is it because im so young?

Audreysmommy123

Asked by Audreysmommy123 at 3:22 PM on May. 28, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Well, what did CPS say the accusations by the caller were?
    Anonymous

• They must tell you what the accusations are against you and then you work from there.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 3:24 PM on May. 28, 2010

• My kids were sleeping and my boyfriend was at home with them. he walked over the neighbors with the baby monitor and my DD woke up crying and someone called.
    Audreysmommy123

Answer by Audreysmommy123 at 3:26 PM on May. 28, 2010

• thats ok my son was screaming bloody murder thismorning for a LONG time (he is getting his molars in) i tried everything to get him to stop my bedroom window was open and i walked in there with him and i heard the neighbors downatairs come out and say should i call the cops no call cps!!!! wtf? lol so your not alone....
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 3:29 PM on May. 28, 2010

• So he left the children unattended... Baaaad move. How long was he over at the neighbors? What wouldve happened if the house caught on fire or someone tried to break in? I am sorry, but that wasnt a very wise move.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 3:30 PM on May. 28, 2010

• oh wow.. okay.. he had the baby monitor, and the window was opened.. he came out after not even 5 minutes. nothing is going to happen
    Audreysmommy123

Answer by Audreysmommy123 at 3:32 PM on May. 28, 2010

• that is child endangerment. the baby monitor will not prevent fatal accidents. the person who reported it felt this way. not saying you're a bad mom or he's a bad father/babysitter, but it was a stupid move. I know someone who has done that. she felt secure with the baby monitor by her side while she popped pills and drank beer with her neighbors. I wasnt a mom then, but if it was done now cps would have been called and our friendship over. but dont let it get to you too much. some neighbors are very nosy.
    Anonymous

• it's one thing if the neighbor was a mile down the road compared to nextdoor and close to the house. I've chatted up with my neighbor before in the backyard while my son is napping....but it wasnt a 2 hour conversation...I agree w/ anon 336. some neighbors are very nosy and make something out of nothing
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:39 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Just relax,take a deep breath. As hard as it may be, don't hold anger toward the neighbors. You know that you are a good mom, that you are doing the best you can, right? When CPS comes, all you have to do is be yourself, let them in your home, don't act afraid of them or mad that they are there. Cooperate the best that you can, show that you have nothing to hide. If they find your home and your parenting to be satisfactory, the case will be closed and that will be the end of it. Good Luck to you and your little one.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:39 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I'm a young mother and I never had CPS called on me so I don't think that is it.
    Anonymous