How do I get my daugther, who has acid-reflux more comfortabe to sleep at night?

Since she was born my daughter has had acid-reflux. She can not sleep soundly through the night because she is so uncomfortable. Can anyone help?!

MiaLynne08

Asked by MiaLynne08 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Health

• Have her sleep in her car seat or a bouncy seat or even a swing (strapped in of course) Then she won't be flat on her back. My daughter slept for weeks in the bouncey seat.
    Samantha99985

Answer by Samantha99985 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My daughter was a preemie, born with gastroesophageal reflux. The doctor had us put pillows under the top portion of the mattress of her crib, so that her head was higher than her feet. It helped. He also had her on rice cereal in her formula from the first day in the ICU. It's thicker than simple formula or breast milk and helped coat her stomach.
    Mom2Pteen

Answer by Mom2Pteen at 6:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Also had problems with my son as an infant. We purchased him a cradle swing and he slept in that for the first few months. It also helps not to lay them down for bout 30 mins after they eat and make sure you burp her after every 1-2 oz.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• You can try an Amby bed. The hammock like bed is designed to mimic the feeling of support and security provided by the womb and offer a gentle comforting movement. It is suitable for babies from newborn or premature up to 12 months or over. The slightly elevated head position of the Nest is excellent for babies with reflux and the hammock’s motion eases symptoms of colic too.

My son had severe colic until he was 18 months old (up 10 times a night) and still has silent reflux at almost 5. I know it's hard to believe right now, but you will get through it. If she just needs you, and that makes her sleep then you might want to consider taking naps with her. Also if you have to change a diaper shortly after a feed, try to roll her on her side instead of lifting her bottom up.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:19 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• i had to have my son sleep in his infant seat or bouncer till he was almost 11 months old to help
    vettegurl77

Answer by vettegurl77 at 1:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Enfamil AR LIPIL is a formula for baby's with acid reflux. It's thickened with cereal. Also having her sleep reclined and not flat is best like in a swing or even a carseat.
    asmith62877

Answer by asmith62877 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Prop the head of her crib up with a telephone book. We did that for my youngest son who had reflux. Also,for naps, occasionally, we let him sleep in his bouncy seat so his head would be propped.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2008