Do you think this is fair?

IF I moved away for school to ask DS dad to pick him up from my house(fri) and I pick DS up (sun) from his house. I really don't want to but I haven't been accepted into the school here, and I have tried really hard too. They don't offer the program I need for another year. The place that I am thinking about moving to offers it in Jan, so I wouldn't have to wait again until Sept. I was going to commute back and forth but an Hr drive there and an Hr drive back everyday just seems like too much, when I can just drive down once every two weeks. I am also willing to drive both ways, but since he doesn't pay CS asking for some gas money to help out. Do you think he would have a right to be mad at me? I don't want to take DS away from him because I love the relationship that they have together, I just want to finish school

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It sounds like you have been more than fair to him. Another alternative might be to meet halfway inbetween.
    Anonymous

• Why doesn't he pay child support?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:13 AM on May. 29, 2010

• It was court Ordered that he didn't have to because he didn't have a job, and was living with his parents
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on May. 29, 2010

• tell him to grow up and get a job then he can be upset.
    As much as their relationship is important, your education and ability to support your son (since he can't) is a priority! Do what you need to do....maybe this will give him the kick in his pants he needs to get up off his butt!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on May. 29, 2010