University of Phoenix-online

Has anyone earned a degree through the University of Phoenix online?
If so, I'd love to hear about your experience.

I'm in the applying phase to get my bachelors in Phsychology and want to make sure I am making a good choice, school wise since I'm not in a position to go to a campus for a degree.

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 3:46 PM on May. 28, 2010 in

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

If you truly believe that this is the right school for you, please speak with hiring managers in your chosen area of study, and make sure that they give equal consideration to graduates of the program you will be completing.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I haven't went personally but my aunt finished her bachelors there, I forgot what program is was. but she said it was a pretty good school and reccomended it to me. she was working full time and she has two kids so she couldn't go to a campus school either. Now that she has finished, she planning on going back for he rmasters, plus she has an awesome job with the goverment and recently got a 10,000 raise in salary. I think it was good choice for her .
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:04 PM on May. 28, 2010

• That is awesome! Thank you very much, I trust I'm making a good choice now=]
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:11 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I'm finishing my bachelors at UNT all online 24 hours left. HOLLA!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:13 PM on May. 28, 2010

• lowencope: which school is UNT? Please spell it out for me, thanks!

My ex- went to Univ of Phoenix, but actually to the campus, about 20 years ago. Before all this new-fangled computer stuff, lol!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:01 PM on May. 28, 2010

Next question in
If you homeschool, where do you do school?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Good places