for the moms out there that had kids in their early 20's and then gotten pregnant again later on in your 30's

Was your pregnancys different in your 20's than your 30's? If so, what was different about them?
Thanks for taking the time and answering.. and congrats 0n your little one!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My mom had 2 kids.. me when she was 20 and my lil brother when she was 40... She said the pregnancies were completely different. less nausea with my brother less weight gain no food cravings ect
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:26 PM on May. 28, 2010

• When I had my kids I was 23, 25, 27, 35, and now 36. I have had many more complications with my 4th and 5th - being older makes a HUGE difference to me! I'm more tired (of course that could be from running around with my older ones), my gestational diabetes is harder to control (I had it with my last 4, but the 2nd and 3rd were totally diet controlled, my 4th and 5th have required medication - and I don't weigh much more prepregnancy now than I did then). It also took longer after my 4th for my body to "bounce back" - it still wasn't totally quite there when I got pregnant with my 5th. When I was in my 20s it only took a matter of weeks, in my 30s it took months!

Answer by missanc at 6:51 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I feel like my relationships have changed. When I had my kids in my twenties it seemed like every one was having babies at that age so I felt like there was a lot of support around me. Now that I am having my last at age 38 there is not as much support but also people seem quick to judge more instead of being happy or wanting to celebrate with you. It's very strange. I am also more tired, however On the flip side we are more financially secure and even more excited then we have ever been to meet this little guy!
    michelle146

Answer by michelle146 at 11:58 PM on May. 31, 2010