My doctor said I was measuring 2 weeks bigger and...

She also said these pains that I have been having is the baby is locked and loaded, but I am only 32 weeks, isn't that kind of early for him to be in the birth canal already? I have dropped also. Oh and by their calculations I conceived on October 15. October 15th I was on my period. Now I know that you can get pregnant on your period IF YOU HAVE SEX but I do not have sex on my period... So how likely is it that I am further along than what we originally thought? I am ready for this baby to be here so I think some of it is just wishful thinking on my part. What's your opinion? And how often are they wrong about due dates?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 4:32 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Due dates aren't really "due dates". They are just estimations. They are wrong a lot of the time. They can be two weeks (sometimes more) off in either direction.
    Anonymous

• Well I measured about 1 week ahead from the time I hit 28 weeks until about 36 weeks and delivered 5 days AFTER my original due date. The measurements and everything else are just the AVERAGE of what women are at that time and mean very little.
    Anonymous

• same things going on with me im23 weeks i hvnt gained but 7 lbs and this is my 3rd bby n e ways the doctor says i measure about 30 weeks and she wnts to get an amniocentesis done which im not to see if d bby can breathe so idk wit my other kids i didnt have any of this idk At least im not d only one
    SIMPLYDABEZT

Answer by SIMPLYDABEZT at 5:44 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I started measuring larger around 14 weeks along. It started off as days ahead and as time went on it got to weeks. I remember a 32 weeks i was measuring 38 weeks. They did an ultrasound and found i had polyhydramnios. (too much water). I was induced at 39 weeks.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:20 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Due dates are rough calculations.. They say that they are plus or minus 2 weeks. However, you are still way too early to deliver! Sounds like you need bed rest and pelvic rest.. Everyday your baby can stay inside, is another day it has a greater chance of being born without complications. Good luck Mama!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 7:53 PM on May. 28, 2010

• i was measured at 32 1/2 weeks and was measuring 34 weeks, 1st time I have ever measured bigger but they say its normal to be within 2 weeks. And to show how unacurate they can be they told my mom she was having twins then switched to saying i was a 10 pound baby, and I came out 6lbs 5 oz lol
    Anonymous

• that stuff is nice to hear, but i would not take it too seriuosly. i measured a week early w/ both of mine and dd was born a week late, ds, a few days early. i would hope u dont deliver til much closer to your due date!
    iamcafemom83

Answer by iamcafemom83 at 9:47 PM on May. 28, 2010