A personal question

How often do you douche? Do you actually use douching or do you wash with regular soap? I've been using the Summer's Eve wipes and they really help. Especially since I'm pregnant and can't really douche anymore, it helps alot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Health

• i never have, i just wash. sometimes i'll wipe with baby wipes though.
    Anonymous

• I douche once a month after my period ends just to get the nasties out. I use special lady wash in the shower...
    Anonymous

• I never douche. It's not good for your vagina. It ruins the natural pH. It makes you more prone to infections. The vagina is self-cleaning. All that needs to be cleaned is the outside (the labia).
    Anonymous

• I second that anon@ 3:42
    Anonymous

• Like PP said, douching is not good for your body. It throws your natural pH out of whack and can cause more infections. I just use a mineral body wash on a loofah and call it good.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 5:56 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I never douche, just use summer's eve wash and go on with my day.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:17 PM on May. 28, 2010

• anon:42 is right - you're never supposed to douche - and in your words "especially since I'm pregnant and can't really douche anymore" - um, hello, that's just asking for trouble, I sure hope you're not douching while pregnant! The vagina is like a self-cleaning oven - it cleans itself, you just have to clean the outside. I've never douched and I have happy woman parts.
    Anonymous

• douching is no good....just keep the exterior clean and you'll be good to go!
    Anonymous

• DO NOT DOUCHE! It will mess you up, girl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Don't douche. Vaginas are self-cleaning. Douching can really mess with the delicate chemical balance.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:11 AM on May. 29, 2010