Do you give your kids soda?

What kind and how often?

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 4:54 PM on May. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• oh my word..... My son 21 months and yes he has soda! Its not taboo people. He loves ginger ale! And he enjoys a few sips of coke now and then. Stop being so up tight!
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 10:17 PM on May. 28, 2010

• My son has it a couple times a year because he does not want it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:55 PM on May. 28, 2010

• very seldom... usually sprite if the get any
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:56 PM on May. 28, 2010

• no.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 4:57 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Rarely if ever. Sprite is what he gets if anything. The only time he gets even that is when relatives give it to him typcially when they are babysitting. We've asked them to stop it entirely though.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:58 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Occasionally, but it's rare that we even have it in the house... I always keep Ginger Ale in the house, because it's the only thing that helps with my nausea, but I told my kids it's medicine for mommies belly (which is how I use it) and they don't drink it... But when we have parties or go out to eat, I will let them get soda once in a while... I don't see it as a bad thing.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:01 PM on May. 28, 2010

• i actually offered soda to my 4 (almost 5) year old the other day... she was at a birthday party and there was mostly soda, and then water. she drinks water all the time. i offered and she said, "no. i want water" talk about a proud mama! my kids don't drink soda. we still water down our juice... and now my 4 year old is on a "diet" of no acidic foods... so no juice at all. water and milk for my goobs!
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 5:01 PM on May. 28, 2010

• if my kids get anything it is usually sprite and that is when we go out to eat or to a fast food which is usually once a week
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:02 PM on May. 28, 2010

• sprite or rootbeer depending on the kind of rootbeer it is and only the older 3 not the 18 month old. And that is usually 1 a month if that.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 5:03 PM on May. 28, 2010

• No .. Never they are 2 and 4.5 and neither of them have ever even tasted it.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 5:05 PM on May. 28, 2010