What would you do if

your 12 year Daughter called you a F***ing B**ch??? She really hurt my feelings and I really dont know what her punishment should be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• i wouldve slapped her in the mouth because thats what she would deserve and then i would dare her to call me a effing bitch again.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:14 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I don't believe in abuse but when its deserved...i'm all for it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:15 PM on May. 28, 2010

• it depends on why she called you a Fing bitch. it depends on the circumstances of her life. i called my mom some bad names back in the day because i was acting out, because i wasnt getting along with my stepfather & stepmother, and things like. we are best friends now though. i definatly wouldnt slap her, that will just make her thing your an fing bitch even more. i believe in kind love and talking. be kind to her, talk to her, find out whats going on. dont feed into the anger & make it worse. if she really gets out of control, punish her. but dont hit her, thats wrong.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:23 PM on May. 28, 2010

• some kids are just so disrespectful. I don't think any child i would ever raise would ever think to call me a bitch or an effing bitch because...they know i'm an effing bitch and that i would seriously go off on them. This is happening because you've allowed it to happen. You've allowed her to get away with stuff when she was younger and she just has no respect. Its probably too late to teach her that too. You shouldve put the fear in her when she was smaller.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:30 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I agree you should try to talk to her, try to understand what's going on in her.... I also agree that there should be consequences, no matter what the circumstances are. I would definitely give her some "down" time, take away time with friends and fun activities. Where do you think she learned to act that way? That would be the first thing to get her away from. Actually, I'm a big fan of taking away TV privileges, because I think that just messes with kids minds in the first place. I don't think I would slap her, even though I DO believe in spanking. I would say a 12-year-old girl is old enough to be given more mature discipline, and spanking or slapping would just be demeaning and making her more angry and rebellious. Hang in there! So sorry! What a painful time!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:33 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I disagree with shay only in that I know (from my own mom and brother) that you can pour all your best into a child and they can still rebel, so I don't think it's a fair judgement to say this is your fault (maybe it is, I don't know, but that doesn't help). I just know there are some kids that are rude and disrespectful no matter what you do, and I think not having a dad to support the mom makes it even harder for mom (that was the case in our home). True, my mother wasn't an "f-ing bitch" as shay admits to being. She was not a pushover, but she was a gentle person. sadly, to this day my brother, who is 27, is still often disrespectful to her, and she is an amazing person who is respected by hundreds of people who know her through her work.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:37 PM on May. 28, 2010

• My first instinct would be to slap her across the face! But that's wrong.
    So I think I would spend the next week showing missy what a F*&^ing B*tch I can be.
    Anonymous

• Smack her right in her face! yup I said it, especially if she does it again, because she is going to think she runs things in that house. I dont think so. Of course it hurt your feelings, because you get so thrown back by what your child just said to you. She is obviously acting out like normal teen's do, and she just took it to a whole different level. My son called me a bitch one time and i ran after him and smacked him. He continued to scream but didnt swear. Heck no is my child going to disrespect me like that. I am a single mom and raise these kids all by myself, and I do a damn god job. He has everything he could possible need and want. No way was he going to get away with that. Some arent going to agree, but thats how it goes down if you swear in my face!
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 6:57 PM on May. 28, 2010

• my son loves me to death..i know he does but he knows when i am being serious (thats what i mean by he knows i'm a bitch) ..of course when kids don't get their way they will THINK that but my kid knows me and knows what buttons he can and cannot push. Your daughter does not know this about you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:15 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I would be stunned and my daughter would grounded for at least a month. We would start family therapy immediately

Answer by rkoloms at 7:06 AM on May. 29, 2010