Drive-In Movie

My hubby and I had lans to go out tonight, but the babysitter called and she can't come now. So I was trying to figure out things we could go do with the baby (11 months) and I though maybe the drive-in. The baby usually goes to bed around 9:30, so I figured Icould just put her to sleep and then put her in her carseat or lay her down in the back of the SUV and enjoy the rest of the movie and maybe the second movie with my hubby. The movies start at 8:30... is this a horrible idea? Would you consider doing it?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 6:20 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used to take babies to drive ins all the time. I had several friends that were single moms or that had husbands that worked evenings and we would meet at the drive-in on Friday nights with pizza and all our kids. On one screen they always had kids movies. We would have a blast! We were all nursing moms and nobody ever complained about us.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:32 PM on May. 28, 2010

• i would do it. that way u and hubby can have time.
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 6:23 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I've never been to a drive-in... how does the sound come through? If I could get it on headphones or something I would. I'm pretty sensitive about what my baby hears.
    Anonymous

• I have done it with all three of my kids. We actually bring lawn chairs and sit in front of our car, it is more comfy and then everyone can see. When we have a baby that small we bring our pack and play and set it up and have the baby sleep there.
    Have FUN!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:32 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I would do it.
    Anonymous

• I would do it. When I was a kid we went to the drive-in and we all put on our pj's before we went and brought our blankets and pillows. we zonked out in the back and mom and dad watched the movie.
    Anonymous

• Go for it. At the worst, you'll have to leave and make another date for another night.
    Anonymous