HcG diet?

anyone try this and has it worked for you?

shorty_18

Asked by shorty_18 at 6:21 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I know a few people on it. It works and the reason it works is because of the calorie restrictions and strict diet, not the HcG.
    Anonymous

• As PP said, it's the diet itself that causes weight loss, not the hCG. The actual diet is very restrictive--500 callories a day; there's not really any way not to lose weight on that kind of diet. The purpose of the hCG is to help better handle the lack of calories, and to distribute the weight for a better end result.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:38 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I read the study on it because my husband was interested in it. the biggest problem i had with the diet was the calorie restrictions. doctors say a 900 calorie diet is very unhealthy so why is 500 ok?
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 11:00 AM on May. 31, 2010

• Most weight loss clinics don't follow the ORIGINAL protocol.
    We tried it last year. My husband did awesome... I sucked.
    BUT we had a way of counting the protein 4 times and taking it from the calories and counting those calories.
    We were eating more like 1000-1200 calories. Obviously more protein means you can eat more...We had specific numbers we had to fall between for other nutrients too.

I think it had more to do with the calorie reduction in my husbands case.
    I did a slightly modified version of the diet from our DR and lost more weight without the hCG.
    In the two months we were on it, I only lost 30 lbs. I gained 20 back.

Becareful... It's the new "fad" ... at least around here.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 9:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• the hcg helps to burn the FAT stored in your system as ENERGY and to keep you going for the period of time you are taking the HCG. So under regular diet you are burning carbs and suger (any at all) for energy) w hcg you burn fat... PLUS you are ONLY taking in 500 cals of REALLY healthy restrictive foods. NO OILS whatsoever, so on...)

my hubby and i tried a 20 days one... met w our doctors and a nutritionist and have been keeping great records of everything... we are losing lots... once we are done w this phase we move to MORE cals but no starches and no sugars... then we should be good to go... it basically resets your hypothalamus to know how to process fats and thus helps you maintaina healthy weight IF you stay w a healthy lifestyle...

do PLENTY of research and discuss any health problems you may hvae including ALL medication w an expert before you make a final decision.. it's working for me and i FELL FAB!!!

mommy-2-3

Answer by mommy-2-3 at 8:56 AM on Jul. 8, 2010

• *feel (not fell fab, lol)
    mommy-2-3

Answer by mommy-2-3 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 8, 2010