Anyone ever tried the "wean machine" baby food maker?

It looks cool, but doesn't make sense that it's so expensive.... I could use my garlic press! I don't think they chose a very good name for it, because it's kind of a turn-off to moms who intend to keep breastfeeding while introducing solids....

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 6:23 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would not waster money on that thing. And your right, it looks that an over-priced, cheaply made garlic press. I'm betting that is exactly where it came from. Someone was using their garlic press to smash their babies food and thought "Hey, I could sell this!"
    cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 7:53 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:24 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Oh my word. That looks so lame - and yes, extremely overpriced. A fork works too, and like you said a garlic press, lol! I wouldn't waste the money. It's a bit more to clean up, but a small food processor or something of the like works too - or seriously, just mashing well with a fork! My kids preferred mashed to pureed!
    Anonymous

• We used a mini-food processor at home (from a garage sale, probably cost two dollars), and a baby food mill when we were out (around ten dollars).

Babies only eat very soft foods for a few months; definitely not worth a huge investment.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:02 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I used a hand cranked food chopper that I got at a yard sale for $2 to make baby food when I was making it for my youngest, along with a blender.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:26 AM on May. 29, 2010