How do you celebrate your anniversary? How long have you been married?

The question says it all. I am just feeling a little down because this has been such a boring and ordinary day. We aren't going out, we aren't doing anything different. I would think 5 years would be something to celebrate, heck we even have giftcards to go out to eat, but maybe I was wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• We have been married eight years. We exchange gifts, eat out, and then stay home and snuggle on the couch after our son goes to bed and watch a movie and talk.
    Anonymous

• We go to miyabi's (sp) every year on our anniversary. A pretty expensive Japanese restaurant this is the only time we go there and we go because this is where we had our first date.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:36 PM on May. 28, 2010

• We have been married 6 years, we usually just go out to dinner, or go to the theater and see a play. Something fun we do not get to do often.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 6:43 PM on May. 28, 2010

• We've been married for 22 years this coming July. We go out to eat, and then watch movies at home and snuggle. :0)
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:53 PM on May. 28, 2010

• we've been married almost 6 years. We forget our anniversary every year.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:55 PM on May. 28, 2010

• We have been married 21 years. We say to each other how many years we have been married. 21 years, where did those years go. I usually say. Time flies when you are having fun. We go out to dinner. Talk about maybe one day going on a vacation for our anniversary, and never go anywhere.

Answer by louise2 at 7:07 PM on May. 28, 2010

• We've been married for 22 years this coming July.  Sometimes anniversaries are low key and sometimes we celebrate.  Last year we went out for a ride on my dh's motorcycle.  This year I want to go to out for dinner at an expensive restaurant.  For our silver anniversary in 3 years we will re-new our vows and take a second honeymoon.

To us the most important thing is to spend time together. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:17 PM on May. 28, 2010

• In the beginning we did the dinner (pizza, since it's what we had on our first date) and maybe a movie. Although our first anniversary was spent in bed with the flu! lol We'v been married 18 years and recently we may exchange cards or just say "Happy Anniversay", but to us it's the rest of the year that really counts. Although a wonderful dinner, movie and nice evening out would be great now and then! lol
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:38 PM on May. 29, 2010

• We go out to dinner, with the kids. We've been married 11 years.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:15 PM on May. 29, 2010