do you get annoyed by people who act ghetto?

it annoys me when people act ghetto. i am actually from the ghetto and i do NOT act like that. people these days can come from non ghetto situations and think it is cool to act that way. a friend and i were discussing about how we grew up and they were like i would have never guessed you were from there. i think those who really come from those types of setting would rather get away from it. and those who see it on tv or in music think it is cool to act like that. dont get me wrong if i am really really mad it can still come out. but i try not to act like that. i mean really what is the point of acting like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OP here...what i mean is grown adults i know kids and teens dont really know better. only what they are taught. but why would grown adults act in this manner?
    Anonymous

• No, it doesn't bother me. It gives me something to laugh about later.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:13 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Yeah it makes me laugh. I have lived in that type of setting, but I didn't grow up there. I don't think it is COOL to act like that I think it just makes you look stupid and uneducated.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:17 PM on May. 28, 2010

• well what got me asking this is i was at the pool with my kids not long ago and these people came up the kids seemed nice then the mom? i duno who she was opened her mouth one of the kids did something i duno what...and the first thing out of her mouth was "girl yo better stop b4 i crack you in ur head" this kids she was speaking to was maybe 4...i was like you have got to be kidding me. my kids and i left soon after they arrived. i had some meat thawing in some water at home and it was time to make dinner anyways. it just bothered me and i thought to myself if she was to live in a REAL ghetto she wouldnt last a day. i however lived and grew up in one for 19 years and wish to never go back. i just dont understand it. it isnt cool or glamorous it sucked. it was dangerous and at times scary. sure i learned how to be street smart. but i still get annoyed with people who act like it is cool.
    Anonymous

• Yes! I hate it. Don't get me wrong .. Oh lord i know i am going to get bashed for this one i probably shouldn't even say it. But people that act ghetto is what i mean when i say nigger. Whether they are white or black if they act ghetto they are a nigger to me. So when i say it i don't mean it as a race thing i mean it as word defining a ghetto acting person.

It seems like lately that is the cool thing though but i would think they would want to get out of that.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:46 PM on May. 28, 2010

• i especially hate it when they are white, and come from a really nice life and they act ghetto.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:47 PM on May. 28, 2010

• "It seems like lately that is the cool thing though but i would think they would want to get out of that."

that is what i am talking about. i AM from the ghetto and i got the hell out of there asap. and we got people no days who have never even been to one and think it is cool NO it is not cool. being poor and gong hungry is cool? gangs fighting over what color they are wearing that is not cool? not being affected by a gun shot in the distance because you are used to it is not cool. i got out over 5 years ago. and am not carrying it on with my kids. i am teaching them to be preper respectable children. i dont want the growing up thinking it is ok to act dumb or disprespectful.

Anonymous

Exactly!!! because those are the one who think it is cool! that is those i am speaking of. cuz if they were really from the ghetto they would not be proud of it or think it was cool. bleh it is just immensely irritating!
    Anonymous

• What does it mean to "act ghetto" Do you know what a ghetto is? You can learn more here: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/warsawtoc.html

Answer by rkoloms at 8:12 PM on May. 28, 2010

• It drives me nuts! Especailly when they come from money. I saw this guy the other day who was acting like that I was thinking dude if you WERE from the ghetto you wouldn't be wearing those $150 designer jeans and brand new kicks that probably cost $100 as well! People are insane.Just be yourself and quite trying to be everybody else.
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 8:37 PM on May. 28, 2010