About Christian Rock

First- does anyone actually believe that Christian rockers live a totally Christian lifestyle? lol. Like, abstaining from groupies and drugs and such?

Second, does anyone else kinda wish that they would sing/write about something OTHER than God? I'm Pagan but I find I really like a lot of Christian rock bands because they're so catchy. I always find myself dancing along and I get into the lyrics, thinking they're, like, a lovesong or something and it ends up being about Jesus and I get pissed off lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• like South Park lol!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:35 PM on May. 28, 2010

• all the lyrics are nothing but a love song..they just replaced the name with Jesus. You can make any song a christian rock song if you put Jesus's name in it in place of whatever else "he"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:33 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Some as with all christians in general not all totally live the christian. As for changing the songs no.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:37 PM on May. 28, 2010

• LMFAO!  That reminded me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-WJO0YQLOs

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:44 PM on May. 28, 2010

• maybe maybe not they are christian not perfect. and they are a christian band so why would they sing about something else that is their purpose. they drew you in didnt they?
    Anonymous

• OP here

Quoting Anon :56 ** they drew you in didnt they?**

Yeah, and then lost me. I just can't identify with Christ-y music, since it's not my belief structure. I eventually have to stop listening to it because I just get tired of it.
    Anonymous

• OP again

That YouTube link is freakin' HILARIOUS. Watch it, for real, I laughed SO hard! lol.

And yes, butterflyblue, like South Park lol. "One, Two, Three times my Savior!" lol. But seriously, who, but fanatical Christians hear songs like "The Way I Feel" by 12 Stones or "Those Nights" by Skillet and think "PRAISE CHRIST!" I seriously hear them and think they're singing about being IN LOVE with someone until I hear a lyric like "Lately I've been wandering/Off the narrow path". That's the ONLY lyric in that song (The Way I feel) that isn't a breakup song lol.
    Anonymous

• There are some that get into the "rock" lifestyle and completely forget about God and make a complete mokery. However, it doesn't take a rockstar to do that. This can happen to anyone since we are all human.
    1 Corinthians 10:12
    Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall

Most of the ones I've noticed this happening to have begun to break into secular music and are getting a nice big taste of worldliness.
    Anonymous

• Shay, that's how it would appear on the surface. There is a big difference between the love that this world identifies with and the redeeming love of Christ. I challenge you to find anyone who would lay down his life for murders, adulterers, thieves and liars. You won't find but one because Christ was God in the flesh.
    Anonymous

• Am I going to hell because this is what I thought of? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrhJT98IoaQ&NR=1
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:21 PM on May. 28, 2010