Am I wrong?

So my So and I have been together for 2 1/2 yrs and have a 1 yr old... we've had our issues but I love him... I told him wes hould get married but he keeps coming up with excuses.... He said we will get married when blah blah I'm not big on marriage but I bellieve we should, I want the family but I'm about to leave him becausee I feel like he is playing games.... he is 32, I am 22

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Sorry for the typing, just got my nails done lol
    Anonymous

• Well give him an altimatum and you will find out real quick whether he wants to get married or not.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:19 PM on May. 28, 2010

• No you are not wrong. A man will marry someone when he feels that she is the right one. A man can live with a woman for years and come up with a million excuses about why he hates marriage and they don't need to be married. Then they will break up and he will meet someone else. He will then go on to marry this new woman after knowing her for only a few months. If he doesn't want to marry you he more than likely never will. If you feel it is important then stand up for yourself and leave him.
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 7:21 PM on May. 28, 2010

• You have already given 2.5 years of your life to him, had his baby, and he doesn't want to marry you. He isn't worth any more time. File for custody and child support and make a new life for you and your child.  

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:27 PM on May. 28, 2010

• sounds like he's not willing to commit to you,
    I'd leave...

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 7:42 PM on May. 28, 2010

• You have given him everything without benefit of marriage so he's loving it. Give him a wedding date and tell him that's the way it will be or you are moving on to find someone who wants to commit to you.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:59 PM on May. 28, 2010

• he's probably already married. lol jk jk

talk to him about it. i've been with my BF for almost 2 years and we are nowhere close to getting married yet. I have a 4 year old son who looks up to him as a father. we both want it, but we have reservations about it-- finances, dreams/goals (degree, career then a big wedding, etc),

and honestly 2.5 years? thats nothing, really. for the people saying give him an ultimatum, how would you feel if you were pressured into something you didnt want to do, or werent ready to do? marriage isnt just about raising a baby, which they are doing... i'm not even married and i know its about commitment, security, responsibility and most of all- COMPROMISE. if she's not compromising with this, then why should she get married to him? once they get married, is it gonna be whatever she says goes? b/c thats how its gonna start!
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 8:26 PM on May. 28, 2010

• talk to him about it. tell him the reasons why you want to get married, that you understand he's scared shitless but he has X amount of years to get his fear in check. within that time, if there's no problems- then marry him. if there is problems, analyze the situation and go from there.

dont force him b/c in the end, it'll end badly.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 8:28 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I totally agree with Shy Dia. Starting out with an ultimatum....great way to start a marriage(rolling my eyes). I mean seriously make a choice either be in a relationship that you are happy in and work on this issue by COMPROMISING or move on. If you can't learn to compromise then what is the point of living with other people? Plus at 32 his goals/ideals/etc on life are way different than those of a 22yo so you need to take this into consideration. Keep in mind if you keep nagging him he's going to leave you before you leave him.
    bandrplus2

Answer by bandrplus2 at 8:32 PM on May. 28, 2010

• i wouldnt give him an ultimatum, but i would let him know i am serious about getting married. 2.5 yrs and a baby, he should know if he wants to be married or not. if youre good enough to have his child , you should be good enough for him to marry you. dont waste your time. put everything on the table and find out if you guys are going to go forward or not. i dont believe you should invest years in someone who doesnt see you two going to the next level.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 8:21 PM on May. 30, 2010