So can a school allow one set of students something and then not another?

spin off from another question that I asked today about my daughter's school allowing one set of students to eat pizza and cake in the lunch room and not another group of students just a few days later.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• It depends on the circumstances. Was that group of students being rewarded for something? Then, yes it's fair. If it was done just for the fun of it, then no. I really can't tell you without knowing the circumstances of why things were done this way.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:27 PM on May. 28, 2010

• No they were not being rewarded. It was one of the student's birthday. So a parent took pizza and cake for b-day girl and friends. Now my dd wants to celebrate her b-day and they told her that she would not be able to do it in the lunch room like the other student did.
    Anonymous

• Oh ok, I saw that post and commented. Obviously some of the kids were feeling left out, so they told you that you had to do it in a different room. I think it's ok for parents bring pizza and cake for their daughter or son's birthday. It's a fun thing to do while your at school.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:32 PM on May. 28, 2010

• It could be that the first time created issues for the school and they didn't previously have guidelines for that sort of thing and now do. Or as is most likely the case the parents didn't bother to ask and just did it. It wouldn't have been allowed at my son's school at all.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:53 AM on May. 29, 2010

• not enough details... but the first thing that came to mind is that the first set of kids did something wrong to ruin it for the rest.
    Anonymous