Have you taken Prometrium to start your period?

Did it make you super moody and cranky? I'm supposed to start clomid soon and I've heard it will cause moodiness, but if it's any worse than the Prometrium then I don't think I really want to take it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I've only taken Prometrium to suppliment my natural progesterone to keep a pregnancy. It made me sick to my stomach but not moody at all.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:35 PM on May. 28, 2010

• no my doctor gave me provera that was sapossed to make me start my period. That was a month ago. She told me i had within the month to start and if i don't then i need to come back for testing to see why i didnt start. So i guess i will be going back. I don't know what to expect though. Did you guys do the provera before taking clomid or that prometrium?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:39 PM on May. 28, 2010

• OP here. Prometrium and Provera are both a type of progesterone. The big difference is that Prometrium is bio-identical to what is found in the human body and is made from plant sources. Provera is synthetic. I have taken Povera in the past to start a period and it worked and I didn't have any side effects. This is the first time I have taken Prometrium. I will be taking Clomid for the first time in a few days. Unless I kill someone first. lol I feel slightly better at the moment, but holy cow, this has turned me into a mean person! I hope it passes soon.
    Anonymous

• I'm currently taking it, but I'm also on Zoloft. I feel great! No moodiness - probably due to the zoloft.
    Anonymous