I there any parent or other relative you tend to "take after" more than any other?

As a child everyone always told me I was my father's daughter, as I've gotten older I can see what they mean. I do share many personality traits with my dad, however it's my twin sister who is most like our father. My younger sister is very much like our mother and now as an adult I've heard, and seen for myself, that I tend to take after my aunt. My brothers all sort of have a mix of traits from both our mom and dad. The interesting things are particular traits that have been passed through several generations. For example the men in my family mumble half the time they speak, my brothers do it, my maternal uncles and grandfather as well. My grandmother told me my great grandfather spoke the same way. Interestingly enough I also mumble when I talk, and so does my 4 year old daughter along with my 3 nephews and 1 neice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mom of course because I'm a neat freak. I cannot stand a messy house, and it irritates the heck out of me. I stay on the girls because they're very messy, but it is okay for them being they 're only 7 and 4 years old right now, but my son is 15, and he is very messy. If I come to your house to visit, and I go to your bathroom or kitchen(the main two places that should be clean), and if it is nasty, I won't come back, my mom is the same way.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:44 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Definitely my mom. She was generous with her money and time, and never hesitated when it came to helping others. She kept an orderly home. She didn't waste time with idle gossip. When she spoke, her voice was not too loud, nor too quiet. She knew when to speak up and when to hold her tongue. I'm so glad her personality traits were passed on to me!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:24 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I am without a doubt my father's daughter. We walk the same, stand the same, have the same sense of humor (generally), think politically alike, have some of the same mannerisms, are similarly cynicle .. The list goes on. We just are soo much alike that sometimes it's rather weird. Now my mom and I look a lot alike. We have the same cheesy sense of humor (I share an equal part of both my parent's sense of humor), we share similar likes and we tend to share the same dislikes. So I do share some of my mom's qualities, but I definately take more after my dad.

Now as far as my sisters .. My oldest sister is more like my dad. My second to oldest sister is more like my mom. My youngest is ... I'm not sure. She's a hard card to read usually. She is just very much her own.

My brothers take after my dad, no doubt. (Three brothers) Especially my oldest brother.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:32 PM on May. 28, 2010