Baby weight vs overweight?

At what point do you consider babyweight no longer babyweight?
I say by 6 months its not baby weight anymore. It drives me nuts when women have 5 yr olds and are still talking about losing their babyweight!!!

bandrplus2

Asked by bandrplus2 at 8:40 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It took 9 months to put it on, so in fairness, you need AT LEAST 9 months to lose it.
    Yes, you can have a 5 year old and still have your "baby weight" because you put it on during pregnancy and then never worked it off.
    Anonymous

• There is no such thing as babyweight. We know from research that overweight babies are a serious problems. There are so many myths that women believe. It's really sad what mothers do to babies and it will hurt them for the rest of their life.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:47 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I thought you meant in the babies, not the mamas. I agree with 9 mo maybe a year.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:49 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Well what I have is baby weight because I am no bigger now than when I have my 3rd. I was skinny before kids and my youngest is 2 and the first two are close in age. I was skinny before and I don't really call it baby weight but technically it is! I am now losing and we are done having kids but it can be hard to lose.
    Anonymous

• my son is 5 and i have a baby pudge still because of my c section. I never say "oh, i need to lose this baby weight" but my pudge is still there from the scar tissue..thats just something i have to deal with and thats not going to disapear
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:07 PM on May. 28, 2010

• to answer you question though..most of my actual weight came off by the time my son was 7 or 8 months old..i was back down to my pre preg weight. Then i started gaining it all back because i got on that stupid depo shot.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:09 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Does the weight magically become just "fat" fat on a certain date then? Lol!
    Anonymous

• If it was caused by pregnancy then technically it'll always be baby weight. However, in reality fat is fat. It doesn't matter if it came from overeating, eating to surpress feelings, a thyroid issue, or pregnancy .. fat is fat and it is always going to be just fat.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:23 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I agree with the first answer. 9 months on, at least 9 months off, very likely more. Some baby-induced-weight gain never comes off.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:09 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I feel as though when moms have babies and their children are 5 yrs old and older they want to say they have baby weight. Sorry I dont believe that.
    The pounds you put on during pregnancy takes 10mths to put on you can loose the weight in 10 mths. After that you can call it being overweight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 29, 2010