how old to start tummy time?

When should I start tummy time?
Ive read where they say you should start right away but obviously this cant mean 2 days old right?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started it when my son was about a week old. At first he HATED it but then he learned to love it. It was really good for him I think.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:49 PM on May. 28, 2010

• bump!
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 8:50 PM on May. 28, 2010

• We started it as soon as he came home from the hospital - so 4 days old? They don't do much at first - mostly it was me laying down next to him and talking/singing to him while he looked at me. It's better to start early so they get used to it before they really NEED it.

Answer by missanc at 8:51 PM on May. 28, 2010

• O.k.I know this is not an answer but a question. I am having a baby in 8 weeks and was just curious as to what is Tummy Time?
    michelle146

Answer by michelle146 at 9:21 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I too started when we came home from the hospital...so 3 days old, and he loves it
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 9:52 PM on May. 28, 2010

• My doctor said from day one. However, I didn't start until one-three months when I knew they could move they could at the very least lift their head. Now with my daughter though she could hold her head up really well since the day she was born. She had almost full mobility by three weeks old. She's a very determined little girl. Ha! But with my son I felt comfortable when he was able to lift his head and hold it up for a while. Because then I knew that he was getting the most out of his tummy time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:22 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Right away once we came home. She was three days old. I would just lay her down on her tummy on the bed or on a quilt on the floor. I never left her side. She didn't like it at first but she loved it pretty quickly!
    Greenesa08

Answer by Greenesa08 at 10:51 PM on May. 28, 2010

• tummy time is just time for baby to play on their tummy. we started the day we got home from the hospital. she was holding her head really well at 2 weeks, and with little or no assistance by 4 weeks.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:58 PM on May. 28, 2010

• 4 days old, right after he came home from the hospital. LO always loved tummy time and actually scooted the fits time while trying to get something on his mat.  I would start right away but not for long periods of time and by doing so you will have a happy tummy time baby.  Congrats on your new one!!!

Anonymous