Would you marry someone so they could get their green card?

DHs friend is married to a woman from the Philipines so she can get her green card. She gave him $5k when they got married, pays rent & household bills and will pay him another $5k when she gets her green card. She works, pay taxes and speaks english. She's also really nice. Would you ever do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's illegal and if they ever get cought he'll go to jail. So no I wouldn't do it.
    Anonymous

• So he is a kept man. To answer probably not. But who knows what I would do in the future

Answer by louise2 at 9:32 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I would only marry someone I truly loved...but I would do all I could otherwise to help someone obtain a green card (legally).
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:32 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Only if I was in love with them and wanted to marry them in the first place.
    Anonymous

• Hell No! I do know people who have done it for money.
    Anonymous

• Anon 9:31, people do it all the time. Get real.
    Anonymous

• no i wouldnt marry a person to get them a green card. however i met a man and fell in love ....we have been together for almost two years and plan to get marrie don our 3 year anv. and after we get married i plan to help him fix his status in this country. but i am marrying him for love. and he is marrying me for love. it is wrong ot marry for anyother reason.
    Anonymous

• It's illegal and if he's caught he could be imprisoned and she'll be deported.
    You could also be in trouble if you're found out to have known this was simple a green card marriage and didn't report them.
    I would never marry someone unless I was 100% genuinely in love with them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:45 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't marry someone just to benefit someone else, especially if it were illegal. I would help them as much as I could to obtain a green card, but... marriage? No. I think marriage is too sacred and reserved only as the next, final, and beautiful step to confirming one's love for each other.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 9:47 PM on May. 28, 2010

• HELL NO!!! It's illegal and they can get their citizenship ANOTHER WAY that isn't ILLEGAL....
    That being said, I have a friend that did this he does love the girl but once they were married turns out she is PSYCHO! She has physically abused him and he is seriously afraid for his life....but now he is stuck in the marriage.
    Anonymous