Christians, how many believe BECAUSE of the bible?

I have believed in God my entire life. Even before I started to learn about God I knew there was a hire power. I don't think I started to read the bible and study the bible until high school. I get confused when I hear people say they can't believe in a book. The book isn't why I believe. How many of you would believe if you never read the book?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The book isn't WHY I believe... but I do believe it is the Holy, Inspired Word Of God.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:59 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Yes I would believe without the book too. God has done so many wonderful things in my life.
    Anonymous

• We are all spiritual beings having a human experience right down to those humans who wrote the new testament-- I believe because it was innate in my being it was innate in my children as well
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:06 PM on May. 28, 2010

• WAY to many believe because they find proof in the book... I firmly believe without the Bible there would be no Christianity. And I find that sad. Religion and Faith should be just that, you shouldn't need a guide book to prove to you your God is here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:26 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Honestly the Bible and reading it is what started me on my path a way from christianity.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:52 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Thank you CHRISTIANS for your answers
    Anonymous

• The book isn't WHY i believe, but I think I would think there was something out there otherwise. I believe from hearing his miracles, hearing the stories, etc. Its hard for me to understand why people don't believe. Then I try to explain God... of course it sounds far fetched! haha... but yea, I believe no matter what.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:55 PM on May. 29, 2010

• LOL I almost asked a similar question yesterday, well sort of. I love talking about the bible. The bible is very real to me and divinely inspired. Since I know its divinely inspired, I think the bible, God and Jesus are all connected and you cant have one without the other. The bible prophesies Jesus' birth and documents his role and purpose. You cant understand God if you dont know how Jesus fits in. Its like a lock and key. You cant open the lock without the key. See?

Before the bible, people believed in a higher diety...like the sun or moon or things like that. So, I suppose its possible for others to believe without a bible. Love your question!!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:27 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I believe in God because the universe and beyond is proof! There is no way everything we have here is a result of randomness.....absolutely no way. Each day we find out more and more about how complex life is and how everything works together in such an organized manner......It seems senseless to credit sludge (or crystals,aliens, or something else that came from nothing and grew in a puddle that also spontaneously appeared) for the beauty of life.
    Once you believe in a creator ....it's easy from there. The Bible is our instruction manual and when you love the Lord and read His word all the pieces come together and are made clear with the help of the Holy Spirit.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 4:19 PM on May. 29, 2010

• There are different reasons I believe that didn't really start with the Bible, but I would say that relationship with God made the difference for me. With the relationship came the understanding that the Bible is the word of God. Without the Word (and Christ) it would blend in with all of the other religions.
    Anonymous