what other home remedies can you use on dogs to help fight off fleas?

I have heard if you put a clove of garlic in a dogs food once everyday that would help.

have you heard of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Pets

• no but garlic i really good for dogs so either way it's good. we always washed our dogs with dawn dish soap, it kills fleas pretty well.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:09 PM on May. 28, 2010

• dish soap and borax powder. you can find it in the laundry soap isle. it is dirt cheep and works!! sprinkle it all over your carpet leave it for like a hour, then vacume it up. it is awesome!! you can put it on anything, even your dogs fur before a bath!! i have done it several times! you have to keep doing it till all teh fleas are gone. but once you get going it will really work. we got flea after my baby was born and i would not use anything with chemicels, so i tryed this. no fumes or anything. :) good luck.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 3:04 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Honestly, I would just buy the Advantage or whatever the brand name is for dogs. You don't want fleas jumping on your kids or on you, and if they get in your carpet, you will have a hard time getting rid of them.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:29 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Do some research to see if Brewer's Yeast tablets work on dogs. My mom used to by them at health food stores to give to her cats for fleas and it worked great.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:32 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I use a table spoon of vinegar every time I fill there dish, My old vet told me to do this, My boxer is allergic to almost all flea products. I've been doing it for about 3 years now and I haven't had fleas. it pretty much works the same way as like frontline does, it makes there skin and fur not appealing to fleas. But it takes about a month to work.
    snowangel1979

Answer by snowangel1979 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

• Garlic is a great natural way to fend of fleas. I would crush it up tho. Not sure if the outer area is ok. (can't remember...I'd have to ask again! lol)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Jun. 14, 2010