Why do we choose the cow of all animals?

Why do we choose cows milk to drink over all others?
Cows are just like any other mammal, they lactate for their young! They do not naturally produce milk just because.. So why do we drink it?! Cow milk was made especially for the needs for calf, Goat for kid (thats the name for baby goat!), Human for baby...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Health

• This is what wikipedia says.

It is assumed that when animals such as cattle were first domesticated, it was only for purposes of meat. Dairy products obtained from the animals proved to be a more efficient way of turning uncultivated grasslands into sustenance: the food value of an animal killed for meat can be matched by perhaps one year's worth of milk from the same animal, which will keep producing milk — in convenient daily portions — for years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:54 AM on May. 29, 2010

• still don't give my dd cow's milk
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:32 PM on May. 28, 2010

• we drink breast milk at my kitchen table
    Anonymous

• OP here-
    Im talking in general.. For Adults..
    Why as humans did we decide to get our milk from cows? And not just let the calf have it like we do other mammals.
    Anonymous

• Idk but I love milk
    Anonymous

• Probably because we somehow managed to discover just how much a cow CAN produce and also that it tastes good.
    Anonymous

• Probably because a cow can produce large amounts of milk compared to other animals and they're pretty cooperative about getting milked.
    Anonymous

• you know it is funny that you mention it. I thought b/c my kids eat alot of yogurt and cheese and "good for you stuff" I was doing great in the dieting part of rearing my kids-- until 2 weeks ago when I was looking to prove to my school BOE thatthey only sell milk NO JUICe unless you have a drs note to the kids (I dont give my kids milk b/c it increases there ear fluid levels and worsens their hay fever in Sept) I was PO about the stupid rule and so when I looked it up you would never believe how bad this shit is for you!! there was nothing I didnt already know but I never put the pieces of the puzzle together --go check out no milk on google or read my post on Cows milk from like last week
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:59 PM on May. 28, 2010

• MY DD doesn't drink milk at all. It hurts her belly. She gets all her vitimins from her food. I do not know why anyone would make a poor cow continue to produce milk when they do not need to!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:31 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I dunno.. But I love milk and cookies :-)
    I can't stand soy milk or goat's milk
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:40 PM on May. 28, 2010