What do you think of hired help?

I have to do it, no other choice at the moment. But can I really find a stranger who I can trust with my children?

pipermomofash

Asked by pipermomofash at 10:32 PM on May. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• as in housekeeper or nanny? gardner or child care provider? hired help is different than those watching your kid, hired help are IMO those who help you keep the house so you can focus on the kid
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:33 PM on May. 28, 2010

• A nanny/housekeeper. I am also looking into au pair sites.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 10:35 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I have a nanny for my child. I love her. My son thinks of her as a big sister and he can do so much with her - including visiting me at work for lunches. During the school year he goes to school. I like having him at home relaxing in the summer and doing things in our community. I trust his nanny, she is now part of the family, and so are her parents who live near by. She is in college so it works.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:36 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I'd get a woman...duh!!! background check... references...have her spend some time w/ you & the kids, have her take em to the park & watch her...can never be too careful when it comes to your kids, if someone else was watching mine I'd invest in a live nanny cam!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:43 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Women are not always safer Nyx ... So i don't know what the whole "get a woman duh" comment was about besides looking ignorant.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 12:07 AM on May. 29, 2010