Did you have a baby because of Facebook?

Depending upon which stage you and your cohorts are in life, it may seem that everyone you see on FB is popping out kids. Do you think any of your friends have had children because they've seen so many others on FB having kids? I'm noticing this everybody having babies trend among my friends. Makes me wonder if all those children would have been made had there been no FB.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm in my early 40s and most of my classmates are watching our children go through puberty, graduate from HS, or finish elementary school. Some even have grandchildren on the way. Having babies ourselves....Not most of my FB friends!!!
    Anonymous

• People have been popping out kids for thousands of years.
    Anonymous

• Lord no! I didn't want to have babies. I just had them. LOL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:35 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I had my son before I found facebook. I have a lot of friends from high school on my friend list. We all are approaching our 30's. A lot of people getting married and having children right now. I don't think it has anything to do with facebook but at a age where a lot are finally settling down.
    Anonymous

• nope, don't have facebook or any intention of becoming brainwashed
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:40 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Ummmm...no. I'm having a baby because I WANT a baby. Not because of some social site.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:41 PM on May. 28, 2010

• no it is normal that once everyone gets out of hs and gets settled to have families. it seemde that way with all my class mated aswell...usualy in their 20.....that is jsut how it happens...but i highly doubt that facebook has anytthing to do with it.lol..
    Anonymous

• Nyx7---- What is the difference in Facebook and Cafemom?

To answer OP questions. No, not really... If your ready to have a baby in life, you may get the itch from hearing about it.. Alot of people say "its in the water" or "catchy"
    I have 2 friends that dont ever talk but got pregnant before me. Me & DH took 1 for an ultra sound & she joking ask us when we where going to have one we both said NO TIME SOON! Didnt know it but when I said that I was actually pregnant!
    1 came in March, Then May, then my dd in October... The march baby me & his mom barely seen each other/ talked at the time & I hadnt seen May's momma in forever either.. That is actually what brought our friendships back to life was finding out we where all pregnant..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:52 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Not at all. I had a baby because I wanted one. I also don't post my daughter's pictures on Facebook either. No need to have her exploited her on creepy Facebook. So you know I reallly didn't follow what everyone else does.
    Anonymous

• I have 18 friends on FB, and most of those are family. So...no. Besides which, I was one of the first among my circle of acquaintances to have children, so no trend to follow.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:56 PM on May. 28, 2010