So there was a discussion on the radio about couples sleeping in seperate beds. Supposedly couples who share a bed are more likely to divorce b/c they get less sleep which makes them grumpy and snappy....What do you think???

I know I CAN NOT sleep without my DH. There were a few nights when he'd have to pull an all nighter at work and I'd try to sleep but couldn't so I'd wait up for him and just miss sleep.

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 10:48 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I thought if you sleep in separate beds it could lead to a divorce...NO SEX for one.
    Anonymous

• It's great that you are compatible sleeping mates but not all people are. Some like to watch TV all night or snore and the other likes a quiet dark room. They also don't like the covers being hogged or knees in the back, etc. Sometimes sleeping separately is the answer. Many happy couples sleep in separate beds.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:52 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I think it was wonderful on vacation a couple of years ago to have a bed to myself for a few nights without knees in my butt and elbows in my face and keeping my pillow the whole night...but I couldn't do that all the time. A break every now and then is nice, though.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:52 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I think it's true. Separate beds saved our marriage. If I had to hear him snoring one more time I would have killed him in his sleep!

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:52 PM on May. 28, 2010

• My DH is an OTR truck driver, I don't sleep worth a crap when he is gone. When he is home in bed next to me I sleep like a rock.lol I could not even imagine sleeping in separate beds.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 10:52 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Used to not be able to sleep w/out my dh but after years of marriage & his sleep apnea sleeping in different rooms makes things sooooo much better. We still snuggle & have sex, its the actual act of sleep we do seperately & it makes all the difference in the world!
    Anonymous

• if he pokes me in the back w/ his dick one more morning in a row....I'm still sleeping asshole! Just cuz your "up" doesn't mean I need to be turned on!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:53 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Sleeping with somebody you truly adore will create a deep bond between you both. Having an argument and going to bed angry is likely to foster resentment and division between you. Feel free to do what works for you. Just because “they” say something doesn’t make it true. XO

Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 10:54 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Oh, man, I can see that. Last night would be a perfect example of it. My husband decided it was a good idea to stay up to 3 am playing Age of Empires... In our bed... It totally screwed up my sleep. When he finally shut it down and went to sleep, he stole my body pillow and slept ON TOP OF IT. I'm 6 months pregnant. I woke up at 8 am, and was then stuck with a toddler while he slept in another three hours. My back was hurting because I didn't have my pillow, and I am EXHAUSTED. I can't go to bed early tonight because I have to put the 3 year old to bed. She won't go to bed without me unless I'm just not at the house. I've been cranky all day because of it. I would've loved to have gone to sleep somewhere else, but we don't have anywhere else to sleep in the house. We just moved, and we don't have any real furniture yet.
    Anonymous

• No way I would never sleep without him. I'd be single if I wanted to do that! I have an answer for the crammed sleeping though, KING SIZED BED! I have one and love it.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:55 PM on May. 28, 2010