(TMI) How long did it take for you to do number 2 after delivery?

I took a stool softener and still nothing. I'll call my Dr. tomorrow, but it's been about 6 days for me.

Alizzie_Mom

Asked by Alizzie_Mom at 11:30 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a c section and I think it was the next night that I went. Maybe it took two days...I don't remember, but I know it didn't take too long. I had heard horror stories ahead of time, so I asked them for stool softeners immediately, and tried to eat foods with a lot of fiber. Remember to drink a lot of water. Keep taking the stool softeners, and they should work. If you're worried though, call your doctor. It was scary though...my stomach felt like it was about to rip open any moment as it was, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:40 PM on May. 28, 2010

• My hospital makes you take the stool softener every 6 hours until you poop, so pooped in the hospital with all three. So that means with in the first two days.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:32 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Take a stool softener each day with lots of water. Should take care of it. I think it worked right away with me and I had stitches.
    Anonymous

• I remember being so terrified to poop! I think it took me about 3 days to poop.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 11:33 PM on May. 28, 2010

• about 3 days. keep taking the stool softener and drink plenty of water and eat food rich in fiber.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:34 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I dont remember but it was NOT cool.. I took stool softener, took warm baths, put heating pads on my belly/ back anything to help lol.. I had hemroids almost my whole pregnancy thought & they didnt go away until about 6mo after delivery!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:48 PM on May. 28, 2010

• 2 weeks and it felt like I was giving birth again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on May. 29, 2010

• i find it odd that they let you go home without pooping first! they told me it was a requirement, lol! and all of my friends have told me the same thing. so i find this very wierd, sorry. i took a lot of stool softener and went the day after giving birth, so about 36 hours after id say. i still cant believe they let you go home! they should be held liable for that, actually, especially if there are problems, ya know? i hope you get relief soon!
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 2:03 AM on May. 29, 2010

• ive heard people say that they couldnt leave the hospital till they did but that wasnt the case for me either! it took almost a week before i did, and it was kind of painful the first time too cuz i had an episiotomy so i was still a little tendar
    kyliekye90

Answer by kyliekye90 at 2:23 AM on May. 29, 2010

• hmmm, I think it was 4 days after I gave birth. it hurt like a bitch too!!! but I was taking stool softeners 2 times a day and drinking a ton of water with it. if it's really been that long I would get into the doctor tomorrow- thats too long.
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 3:44 AM on May. 29, 2010