2 year old playing with her privates.

I know it's normal for a child to play, but she is not just touching, she is trying to insert things in her vagina. I read this is a sign of being molested, but she is never with anyone but me, I am a SAHM, there is no one she is left alone with to do anything to her?
Why else would she try to put things there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Consult the ped.
    Anonymous

• that's odd. Well, maybe she's just curious.
    Anonymous

• Did she ever see you use tampons? My daughter was sick a few times when she was younger and I was told to take a rectal temperature when she had a fever. One day she saw the thermometer in her room and tried to put it there! She is too young for me to explain to her so I just ignored it. She didn't do it again. What did she try to put there?
    Anonymous

• You should ask your ped. It's really odd.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 11:44 PM on May. 28, 2010

• What was your reaction when you saw her doing this? OMG,,this would have freaked me out if my dd did this at two. For myself, I probably would have looked really panicked and scary and dd would have gotten scared from my reaction. IDK. I also would have said lots of NO, NO to her and slap her hand, to get across to her that what she is doing is not ok. IF you are a sahm, when is she alone enough to find time to do this? I would stay on top of this kid 24/7. She should not be left alone for awhile until you feel that this new revalation has passed.
    Anonymous

• Kids are curious I agree with the tampon part too. My DD will grab a panty liner and put them in her underwear because she has saw me use them. They touch and explore down there, I would talk with the pedi but I would get to upset - kids are curious.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 11:53 PM on May. 28, 2010

• She wears panties, she does it right infront of me, that is how I know. She has a toy mirror, like a hand held mirror with a handle, she had the handle trying to stick it there.
    Anonymous

• anon 11:47. paranoid much? all kids fondle themselves a little. She didn't say it was a constant thing. You are overreacting a bit.
    Anonymous

• anon 8:56..anon 47 here,,,can we repeat the word PENITRATION,,,,yeah so there is me being paranoid and you not reading the entire post!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Don't jump to conclusions like that. My 23 month old is always playing with her vag (when I change her diapers). She doesn't stick things into it though.

Does your daughter see you using tampons?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on May. 29, 2010