sick 2year old?

my son, who is only 2, gets runny nose often and every time he has runny nose our nights are sleepless because he throws up constantly. is there any thing i can give him that will help with the runny nose and or the throwing up? im at my wits end with this i hate seeing him suffer and lord knows the entire family misses sleep.

sami07

Asked by sami07 at 11:40 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Kids' Health

• see if the doctor can put him on some allergy medicine. my son constanly had runny nose cough where he would cough so much that he would throw up. He no longer has as much problems now.
    ladybug0614

Answer by ladybug0614 at 11:46 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Try a generic kids claritin or zyrtec (not involved in the recall, both save for 2yrs & up - my kids all take both - not at the same time).
    Anonymous

• Benedryl?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:06 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Find out why is he having a constant runny nose. That is not normal. I hate to see that everyone tells you how to stop the runny nose instead of how to prevent it. Find the cause and prevent it. If it's allergy, get an air filter and improve the immune system with organic whole food products, not fake cheap vitamins from the grocery store. I could give you more advice on prevention, once you determine the cause.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:30 AM on May. 29, 2010