Tricare?

I just need to know that if I go down to get a full STD testing (for ALL std's), if my husband (whom I am divorcing, but still am covered under TRICARE) will be notified

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Health

• He will if you actually have an STD. They have to notify your sexual partners so that they can be tested and treated as well. If you don't have any STDs, then he won't be notified.
    Anonymous

• Only if you have an STD. You have to contact every person you have had sexual contact with. But, no they don't tell your husband what treatment you receive. All Tricare does it pay the medical bills.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:32 AM on May. 29, 2010

• No. He will not be notified regardless of anything. That is a major HIPAA violation. Anyone who is telling you otherwise is just trying to scare you. It will be your responsibility to tell your partner(s) that you have something if you do, but nowhere in any medical setting will the health care provider stalk out your husband or partner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on May. 29, 2010

• technically no, but if they list on the claims it is an STD test he can find out that way.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:59 AM on May. 29, 2010