Do you think we can make it on $650 a month?

Thats what we will have left over after all the bills are paid for the month, including groceries. It's just me, SO, and our 2 year old. I did not include diapers or wipes, but that should be about 50 a month. So, do you think we will be able to live on $600 a month? i'm not good at this since i've never lived on my own. I just don't want to have to ask for money so I need to know if you've ever lived on less and did okay?

sunshineemommy

Asked by sunshineemommy at 12:29 AM on May. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• So all the bills are paid and the food and diapers are purchased? What more do you need money for? $600 extra? You should be fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:31 AM on May. 29, 2010

• 600 left after all bills are paid, including groceries? ummm yeah lol you will be fine. save and go on a vacation, save for a rainy day....thats great ;)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:31 AM on May. 29, 2010

• You will be fine.. If all bills and groceries and paid for and you still have $600 left over each month.. Y'all are doing pretty good then. Save that extra money up and have it for a rainy day.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:33 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I'm disabled and my only income is SSI is only $675 a month. The government thinks you can live on $675 a month plus $10 food stamps. You are supposed to pay for a place to live, utilities, car expenses, food, ect.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:49 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Yes. That's about how much we have left over after we pay our bills, buy groceries, buy pet food, pay for our luxuries (cell phone bill & U-Verse) & put money in to savings (if we didn't have cell phones, U-Verse and put money into savings we'd have arouund $1300 extra). It's really plenty. We have 4 people we have to spendd that money on (hubby and I and 2 teens) and we go out to eat 2-4 times a month and go to see full priced movies 2-3 times a month and still have plenty left over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 29, 2010

• You should do fine if I understand correctly and this is what you'll have after bills and groceries. We have that much money or less after bills. We get to buy groceries for 4, gas and any incidentals on that for the month. We can do it on less that what you're talking about so you'll make it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on May. 29, 2010

• That is a really good start put some away and use some for fun!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:06 AM on May. 29, 2010

• No. We have $2500 a month left over and it's just barely enough. We like the finer things in life. I'd be hard pressed to do much on $600 extra a month. We like to travel, eat at fine restauraunts, buy new clothes, etc..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on May. 29, 2010

• We lived on that much total BEFORE bills for three years for the three of us. We now live on less than that AFTER bills. Yes, you can do it.
    bellaamore

Answer by bellaamore at 2:26 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Mercy sakes, how on earth could you!? That's two DAYS salary for us. Sorry, but golly, no I just don't see how you can live that cheaply.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 AM on May. 29, 2010