autism question

Hi I am trying to figure out what the board that people keep telling me to try is called? They say i get a board and get pictures of common stuff that my child would do and needs to ask for but can't. Do you know where i can get his info also?

magnane

Asked by magnane at 12:47 AM on May. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I dont know about a pre made one - but my ew's daughter is autistic and she had a notebool that was made for her. It had velcro strips with pics cut out, laminated, and velcored, along with words. She could put together a sentence like "I want......" and then a pc of the thing.
    Hope that helps!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:02 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Its Boardmaker maybe. Im a sped teacher and we bought that program...very expensive though.
    Easier to make your own...take pics of common items and go from there.
    haysmum

Answer by haysmum at 11:10 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Boardmaker is very expensive! We used a combination of photos that we printed out and laminated (with clear contact paper) and for food items we cut the picture from the box out, and my ex was an excellent artist so he did some handmade that I couldn't come up with. Also, my son's preschool AU teacher would print out stuff if I asked her too. www.do2learn.com is a great resource too.

Answer by missanc at 8:07 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Thank you everyone!!
    magnane

Answer by magnane at 11:15 PM on May. 29, 2010