Breastfeeding Questions;

1. My older sister (who has no kids) is uncomfortable when I say "breastfeeding" she perfers that I say "nursing" instead, what do you think?

2. Does sugar pass through breaskmilk and can it harm my baby?

3. Can my baby become diabetic from breastmilk?

4. Can a baby taste/know the difference in breastmilk from the mother and another women?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on May. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1. My older sister (who has no kids) is uncomfortable when I say "breastfeeding" she perfers that I say "nursing" instead, what do you think?
    personal preference, I am breastfeeding my 5 month old and prefer to say nursing more often than not

it does, but shouldn't harm baby. if baby is sensitive to sugar they might be a little hyper though

nursing actually lessens the chance of diabetes over the child's lifetime. lessens the chance of obesity, ear infections, and all kinds of other ailments and illnesses.

I would assume so since your body chemistry's would be different, so my guess is that even if it was pumped baby would be able to tell.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:11 AM on May. 29, 2010

• 1. just preference
    2.there's natural sugars in breastmilk
    3.No, never heard of it
    4. im sure...but breast milk is always changing based off of what you ate. if you pump you can even see a slight difference in tint
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:14 AM on May. 29, 2010

• 1. Say whatever you want.
    2. There are natural sugars. No, they cannot.
    3. No.
    4. Some can, some can't.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:03 AM on May. 29, 2010

• 1) there's gonna be many things you & sis don't agree on, tell her you'll call it whatever you want to! Never understand why ppl get so wierded out by the most natural act on earth!
    2) every thing you put into your body is passed thru the breastmilk, your body filters it though & the sugars won't harm the baby
    3) what rihanna said
    4) yup
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:45 AM on May. 29, 2010

• She can call it whatever she wants. I don't think sugar will affect your milk, and no, a baby cannot become diabetic from your milk. I do believe they would be able to notice a difference between different peoples milk though.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:46 PM on May. 29, 2010

• 1. You can adjust your language for her comfort.
    Or you can force her to get over it. Your call...

2. Your body will process your intake and create perfect nourishment.

3. Breastmilk is wonderful to help prevent/avoid diabetes.

4. I will expect so.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:51 PM on May. 29, 2010

• 1) ignorance
    2)no
    3)no
    4) yes
    alotta_fagina

Answer by alotta_fagina at 4:56 PM on May. 29, 2010