Pain in stomach when sitting up

I'm 14 weeks pregnant.. When i go from either laying down or leaning back further than you normally do while sitting, i get a horrible pain in my stomach... This is first time i've had it.. Once i lay back down, or sit like normal it goes away. So the pain is only during the process of sitting up straight. Does anyone know what it may be? Is it normal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on May. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes I had that. The good news is that it happens in perfectly healthy uneventful pregnancies. The bad news is it comes back every now an then even when not pregnant. Well at least for me, you might be luckier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on May. 29, 2010

• i had this pain also around the same time in my pregnancy but my dr said it was normal cuz the baby could be on a nerve or could be other reasons too now that im not pregnant i still get that feeling once in awhile
    kyliekye90

Answer by kyliekye90 at 2:21 AM on May. 29, 2010