my husband is so dumb, need holistic, herbal, or over the counter anti biotics

so my husband got his nipples pierced, he's had the rings for 2 months. he's a body builder so he sweats a lot and stopped cleaning his piercings a few weeks ago (i gave him a ton of crap for that cause i'm a piercing artist and i did them and thought he was following my directions) anyway he developed cellulitis in one nipple. the treatment is anti biotics but he has no insurance and won't have any til late summer so he can't go to the doc to get a prescription. is there anything he could take thats not prescription

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on May. 29, 2010 in Health

• we use elderberry for infections, although for topicals either tea tree oil, diluted in maybe grape seed oil, or a standard antibiotic ointment might work.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 7:25 AM on May. 29, 2010

• you can use lemons on the site to soothe and kill bacteria
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:09 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Colloidal silver - it is a natural antibiotic - we use it all the time for a wide variety of things. It's the only thing that ever healed up diaper rash in my babies, for one example.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Garlic is a natural antibiotic. Try bag balm on it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 4:22 PM on May. 29, 2010

• I don't know anything about holisitc antibiotics, but if those don't work he could go to urgent care or a minute clinic (he should be able to be seen for less than $50) and there are some dirt cheap antibiotics on the market. Most doctors will prescribe you the cheapest thing that will work if they know that you're needing to pinch pennies.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 8:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2010