Anyone test their thyroid at home?

I'm having some problems and I think it might be my thyroid. I don't have the money for a doctor vistit, but I could come up with the money for an at home test kit.

http://www.healthhometest.com/product_info.php?products_id=38&gclid=CLbwi-Gi96ECFRBx5QodS3ZdFg

Anyone ever tested at home? Did you get an accurate result? Any other input?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on May. 29, 2010 in Health

• All my thyroid tests are done by a blood test that requires a vial of blood. I don't think this thing will work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on May. 29, 2010

• You get a blood sample and send it away to be tested :) I guess we will see once it gets here.
    Anonymous

• That test is a waste of money. It will only give you a TSH level, but not your T3 or T4 levels. TSH is only the hormone that stimulates the thyroid to produce its own hormones, T3 & T4. T3 is triiodothyronine and T4 is thyroxine, and it is these hormones that help to control your metabolism. So, even if your TSH level is normal, that doesn't mean that your thyroid is functioning properly and creating or releasing the right amounts of T3 or T4.
    Anonymous