Can My sister Join, shes really young.....

So my sister is almost 13 and pregnant I know my mom pretty much failed with us both since we are both going to be teen moms anyways she really needs advice and a reality check her and my mom are EXCITED, totallly wrong so can she join? please no mean remarks

YoungMamaSPrego

Asked by YoungMamaSPrego at 7:59 AM on May. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I don't see why not she is still going to be a mom regardless of her age. Does she know if she is going to keep the baby or put it up for adoption?
    Momsthename0609

Answer by Momsthename0609 at 8:04 AM on May. 29, 2010

• She is really into keeping baby right now but I know how hard it is and I just dont think she understands.. I had my first at 14, but she wont listein to me i just want her to understand its not all fun and dressup
    YoungMamaSPrego

Answer by YoungMamaSPrego at 8:06 AM on May. 29, 2010

• From Cafemom's TOS: YOU ARE CERTIFYING THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE.

The mininum age to join Cafemom is 16. She will have to wait until she's 16.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:07 AM on May. 29, 2010

• By that time baby will be at least 3 or 4
    YoungMamaSPrego

Answer by YoungMamaSPrego at 8:08 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Yeah, I think it would be hard for her to understand at that age. Have you talked to her about plans she has to make, things she needs to buy. What she is going to do about school, is the baby's dad going to help? Tell her that most of the time friends disappear. MSG me if you want to
    Momsthename0609

Answer by Momsthename0609 at 8:11 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Yeah she just doesnt get that it isnt going to be like summer camp fun. I messaged you I really wish she could come here for advice....
    YoungMamaSPrego

Answer by YoungMamaSPrego at 8:18 AM on May. 29, 2010

• That CM policies. I have no control over what Cafemom's policies are. They will and DO kick UNDER age (under the age of 16) of the site. It's just how it is! The question is can she join cafemom at the age of 13. The answer is NO she can NOT she's too young. She will have to wait until she's 16. That's Cafemom Term of Service (TOS). By joining Cafemom you are AGREEING to the TOS.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:35 AM on May. 29, 2010

• She could just keep the other thing to yourself and you'll be fine
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• she wont realize how hard motherhood wil be until her child is born so just let her see things when the baby is born .... theres not much u can do about it

a child is a blessing regardless to the moms age ., so she knows is going to be hard but she just wants to focus on the positive side , so le her be and help her whenerver you can !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2010