Why is my two year old acting so mean in the last week?

Ok im pretty sure i know why but it seems weird to me that he would understand what happened to our family lately. a little over a week ago I misscarried at 14wks the whole family is upset . My son went from being a sweet kind loving little boy to tantrums hitting pushing and not wanting anything to do with any but my husband and I. its not like my son to act like this. Is there anything i can do to help him through this mourning process the rest of the family is going through?

Snoie

Asked by Snoie at 8:45 AM on May. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Children are incredibly perceptive. He may be only 2 years old, but he can feel the pain and sadness, and that is what he doesn't understand--why everyone is sad, depressed, upset, etc. He is acting out, because he wants your attention. He doesn't know any other way than to misbehave to get your attention.

I think you need to engage your son, and try and put on a good front for him. He's not to blame for the miscarriage, I don;t think you can explain it to him at his age either. Just enjoy him as much as possible--focusing on the positive in this tough situation you are in right now.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:03 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Babies are like sponges, they kind of adapt to the moods in the house.\\ I know its hard to act any different but try to act a little more happy around him.... Its hard but we dont want him to feel comfortable being mean cuz then thats hard to change.... good luck... sorry for your lose
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 9:14 AM on May. 29, 2010