I put my 6yr old and 3 yr old in their bed every night but both end up in my bed till morning. Is it wrong to let them stay their or should I just keep putting them back in their room?

momtotwo249

Asked by momtotwo249 at 8:46 AM on May. 29, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• if u want time to yourself in your bed, put them back in their own beds.This has way of spreading out as long as you let it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on May. 29, 2010

• put them back unless you want to never again have a 'grown up" bed. you will have a few sleepless nights putting them back and such but please do it. everyone is happier with their own space.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:02 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Unless you want them to sleep with you until they move out of your house at age 30, you need to put them back in bed.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:14 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I think it's up to. If you don't mind-it's fine. My son sleeps with m but I'm a single mom, so it's just me and him in the bed. Anymore than that would be too much for me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on May. 29, 2010

• My 3 y/o went thru this for a short while last year. It lasted a few weeks. It was uncomfortable for DH & I (little kicker, LOL) and I did start putting him back in his bed or on the couch (cooler room) for the remainder of the evening. He stopped eventually. It's up to you, OP.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:44 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Enjoy them while they still want to do this, pretty soon they will want nothing to do with you!

Answer by older at 9:51 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Its really up to you. Do you mind them in the bed? this is bad habit to allow to go on. I personally do not want a 3 and 6 yr old on my bed so if it was me I'd be making them go back to their beds. My kids are 2,5 and6 and all sleep in their own beds. The 2 yr wakes at 5A so she cuddles in our bed till about 7 but if she wakes in the night she always goes back to her bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Well, they won't do it until age 30, I assure you. It is really up to you. My son stopped at 5. He was only in that long because I didn't have a spot for him. He might have quit on his own sooner, who knows. I say let them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:48 AM on May. 29, 2010

• They won't do it forever. My children slept with us at night until they were each around 4 though they always napped in their own beds. After the age of 4 they would start off in their own beds and then would migrate into our room at night until they were around 7 or 8. None of my sons continued sleeping with us until they were teens and contrary to peoples thoughts and ideas I have very independent children. My oldest left the nest right before he turned 18 to start college in another state & then joined the Army, my 2nd son left the nest at 18 & moved to TX at 19, my 19yo son (who just graduated on Thurs.) is off to the Army in July & my 18yo son (who just graduated on Thurs.) is off to college in another state in August. They all started working when they were Juniors in high school as well. They all leaned to be independent, no one has clung to the apron strings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 29, 2010

• My kids wind up in my bed at least 2 times a week but i let them stay only 'cause daddy is at work. they know that if dad is home then they can come in for cuddles but its back to bed in ten minutes.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 11:45 AM on May. 29, 2010