How many young, married mother's out there go for night's out with friends?

I am 24 years old, with 1 child, and have been married for 3 years. My husband doesn't think it is right for a married woman with a child to go out alone past midnight. I haven't done anything wrong, i just went out to a bar with some friends i haven't seen in awhile, cause i am either working, or sitting at home with my husband and child. My child is safe at my mother in laws spending the night, so I can take the night of, is that so bad? so I just want to see if I am the only young mother who takes a night off for socializing. Please tell me I'm not the only one who stays out when they can.

Faery85

Asked by Faery85 at 10:17 AM on May. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well I am younger than you and I am hardly ever away from my son, I don't like being away from my family. But I will also say that it is ok to go out OCCASIONALLY for any mom.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:19 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Im 20 years old with a two year old. I do occasionally hang out with friends. We go to concerts or other peoples houses.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:21 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I go out with my friends occasionally (maybe once a month). To dinner or a movie, or just to their homes to hang out. I think it's ok occasionally.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 10:21 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I am also 24, I have been married 6 years and we have 2 little boys together (there 2 and 4) and yes I go out for girls night and stuff like that with my friends. Probably ever 2 or 3 months. We take turns, I stay home with the kids and he goes and plays poker or whatever with his friends and then the next weekend he will stay home and I will go to a bar or club with my friends. (we don't do this often like I said every 2 or 3 months.) Its not a big deal at all. Everyone needs social time away from their kids/husbands.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 10:22 AM on May. 29, 2010

• im 23, with a one year old son and have been with my SO for 2 and a hlf years but were not married. My mom loves to spend time with my son, and I still have alot of friends that i like to go out with, and I need to get out of the house sometimes, and just be young again. So while my mom gets to spend time with her grandson, i get to go out with my friends and get some drinks, or go away to the jersey shore & atlantic city, or to a concert, etc. I dont see anything wrong with it. I love to be with my son, but he doesnt have to be attached to my hip every second of his life. I have alot of family who love to spend time with him too and my life as a 23 year old doesnt have to end completley just because im a mom. I also have quite a few friends who have children, and they all do the same thing...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:25 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Also, i forget to mention that it varys how often i go out .. theres months where i will go out every friday, months where i will go out one friday, or two fridays, or months where i dont go out any fridays. It depends on if my mom is working, if i have money to go out, if my friends are going out, etc.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:26 AM on May. 29, 2010

• 24 here, and I never go out by myself with friends at night. If it's MY friends, we usually meet up for lunch or the pool during the day, in which case I take my daughter.

Otherwise, my DH and I are great friends with other couples, so we'll get a babysitter and go out with our friends together. I prefer it that way.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:28 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I'm 24 with 2 kids, and I go out with friends to dinner and a movie every once in a while, but never as late as your talking about. I just don't see the point in being out that late since nothing is really open, and i'm not much of a bar type person
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:32 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I am 25 and been married for 4 yrs and I have 3 kids! Yes I go out like 3 times a mth! I have to!1 If I don/t I'll go crazy lol
    I didnt use to go out. I use to be home alllll day with the kids but I was always exhausted and overwhelm. I needed adult time!! So I take full advantage of it when I can.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:38 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Pfft. I'm almost 40 and still go out with my girls on occasions. At my age, being home by midnight is good, but sometimes we go to denver and dont' get home till WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY past this old ladies bedtime
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:57 AM on May. 29, 2010