Do you find it easy to make friends?

I am a thirty something that really has a hard time connecting with people. When I do hit if off, we become FB friends and never really hang out. I know we have jobs and kids, but I feel lonely without someone to chat with...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on May. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do not really get along with a lot of females. I do not know why?

Answer by louise2 at 10:32 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I do because for one thing I am very shy and it takes me while to warm up to people. But the other is because I don't have anything in common with people my age and people older than me who I do have things in common with and can relate to don't want to hang out with me because of my age.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:35 AM on May. 29, 2010

• It's hard for me. Mostly because I just don't like people, and hate to make small talk.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:46 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Yes I do...Im very guarded and have big walls up around me so its difficult to make friends but when I do, its forever because Im picky
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 10:47 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I would rather have male friends than female. I get along better with males.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 29, 2010

• It is easy for me to make acquaintances...be able to start chats and get a person to open up...but for some reason I have a hard time keeping friends. My lifestyle is so different from everyone else's, I guess, that I don't get invited to coffee or for simple get-togethers. People around here like to club it up and shop for expensive things...I'm more of a nature gal and a homebody who likes the simple things in life and just likes to be with other people who enjoy simple things, too. I'm a strange bird around here, I guess.
    I also noticed that as a woman in her 40's with grown children and a grandchild I am limited as to the other women who meet the same dynamics...seriously! I joined a playgroup for my granddaughter (she lives with us and we help raise her) and I was ignored because I had nothing in common with the young moms there. It wasn't their fault, but that's how difficult it is for me.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:57 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I moved away from my home town and all my friends are back home. I have tried to join mom groups where I live now and wow women are so hard to get along with.
    I work at home and have to social network all day for my home business and its so much easier to talk to women online then in person.
    Or if you do meet someone in person they are to busy to pick up a phone to have lunch, or get together. Its terrible.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 11:13 AM on May. 29, 2010

• I'm with anon 10:49...I've always gotten along better with males. Most women I've met are very competitive about looks, children, etc. I can't stand it.
    Anonymous