For those who believe in.. not sure what to call this? Not a ghost.. but something else?

I got to talking to my mother yesterday about this old apartment we lived in when I was about 10 years old. When we lived there I would have this really creepy thing happen to me where I would wake up in the middle of the night really needing to go to the bathroom, but I found that I could not move no matter how hard I tried. It felt as if something was weighing me down to my bed. I then developed a bed wetting habit at the age of 10. I never explained this to my parents because I thought they would think it was a stupid excuse. But yesterday during our conversation I finally told my mother the reason for my bed wetting. Come to find out.. my mother AND my dad experienced the SAME thing!! They both thought they were crazy and they were probably just tired and delusional. But it stopped for all 3 of us as soon as we moved into our new house. Is this not creepy?? What do you think this was or what it means?? I am really curious

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 10:56 AM on May. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sounds like Hypnagogia to me:

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1800

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:04 PM on May. 29, 2010

• Sounds like there was a presence. Might have been a jokester spirit or just a really mean one(cuz who would let a little one wet the bed like that).

Dont know that it has a meaning other than someone/thing was attached to that home. It doesnt sound like its followed so thats a plus.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:29 PM on May. 29, 2010

• A ghost, a presence, spirit, a demon, a paranormal? Im sorry you have experienced this at such a young age. I believe in ghosts but believe them to be demons. I want no part of them. My neighbor has experienced the same thing and says she has seen a ghost in her house. Im not lying to you. She is such a fearless woman and even said to the ghost..."I cant help you and you need to let me go." She is not crazy and niether am I...lol My friend told me "Uh I dont take naps and this thing was holding me down." I think they can attatch them to things like jewelry, furniture, or even wioudji (Sp?) boards, and yes a house, like at my friends house. So when you moved the presence stayed attached to something there. Again, Im not crazy.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:47 PM on May. 29, 2010

• There is something called "sleep paralysis". It has something to do with your mind being conscious of your surroundings yet you are not awake yet. It gives the feeling that you are paralized. There is also a paranormal phenomenon concerning entities who are oppressive. You should research both to find out which one you think that you were experiencing.
    Anonymous

• Maybe mold or something. I don't believe in ghosts or spirits, etc. There's some sort of reasonable explanation.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:42 PM on May. 29, 2010